- Let the demo play for a preview of the tools contained in the classroom.
- Skip over the demo to activate the menu bar.
- Use the back, play, stop, and next buttons to navigate through the blackboard pages or let the blackboard autoplay.
- Click on the Map to see when and where residential schools operated.
- Zoom in or out of the map to get a better view.
- Drag the map across the screen to focus in on a particular region.
- Mouseover school icons for basic information or click for a full profile.
- Click on the Timeline tab to expand the timeline.
- Click on a timeline item for more information.
- Click on thumbnail photos in the timeline to view profiles.
- Go forward or back by clicking on the bottom right or left hand corner of the textbook.
- Navigate through the chapters by clicking on the table of contents.
- For definitions, click on the dictionary.
- Navigate through the dictionary by clicking on the bottom right or left hand corners.
- Click on the close button to return to the textbook.
- Mouseover the school video to display playback controls.
- Click on thumbnail photos above to view different rooms.
- Click on a Survivor names to load their interviews.
- View the transcript by clicking in the transcript link above the video.
- Use the scroll bar to view more names.
- Click on suggested keywords to load them in the search or search based on your own keywords.